Thursday, March 27, 2008

a funeral.......



John E. Farner and Pam Ferguson

October 2003

I am the oldest grandchild of John Edward Farner and Treva Nofziger Farner. Last week our family gathered to bury the last of the Farner brothers. It was a difficult time, but a time to celebrate a life well lived and a life now joined with Christ. As I looked through letters, family photos, written memories and history of our family in preparation for the funeral, I realized what an inheritance I've been given and I need to find a place to share and gather as much information as possible about the Farner family. I start by sharing the story of my grandparents spiritual life in a piece I wrote in 2002 for my grandfather's 90th birthday: Amazing Grace. There are links on this page to comments at the Memorial service by Andrea Schumaker and Ron Ferguson.

No comments: